What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel is an algorithm to track the activity of website visitors to see how effective is your advertising. It is also an analytics tool like Google Analytics for Facebook ads. I recommended you to install this tool with the plugin, so you can use Custom Audience pixel and Conversion pixel. The feature of Custom Audience pixel is for retargeting website visitors while Conversion pixel is used for tracking conversion rates.
Why Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel lets you track the action of the website visitors when they interact with your website after viewing your Facebook ads. For example, the action of add to cart, purchase and so on. Therefore, you can find out their interest, target them and advertise to the targeted group of people. For instance, display the ad of the product that the visitor had added to the cart or deleted from the cart. Besides, using the data analysis by this tool, it helps you to create a better Facebook ad, better targeting on your ads and improve your Facebook advertising. Moreover, you will have a better understanding of your audience and advertising result. Hence, you can make your business more profitable.
How to Create a Facebook Pixel?
In order to use this tool, you must have one business website. First, remember to access one Facebook business account before you start.
Steps to Create Facebook Pixel:
1. Click the dropdown arrow.
First of all, login or sign up to open your Facebook business account. After that, click the Dropdown arrow at the top-right side corner of the header bar.
2. Select “Advertising on Facebook”.
3. Click “Create an Ad”.
4. Go to “Data Sources” in Events Manager.
5. Click “Get Started”.
6. Name your pixel and enter the website URL.
7. Click “Create”.
Your Facebook Pixel done created.
How to Link WordPress site with Facebook Pixel?
1. Go to “Data source” in Event Manager.
List of websites with Pixel ID shown.
2. Copy the Pixel ID for the site.
3. Go to the site dashboard in WordPress.
4. Install and activate the plugin of Official Facebook Pixel.
5. After activate, click “Facebook Pixel” in the Settings tab of the dashboard.
6. Paste the Pixel ID into the field provided.
7. Click “Save Changes”.
8. Click “Visit Site” on the dashboard.
9. Open back the Event manager tab and refresh the browser.
10. Check the indicator on the top-right side corner to become green.
How to Test is it Working?
1. Install Facebook Pixel Helper extension.
2. After installed, visit the site and click the icon in the address bar to check pop-out.
How to Add Multiple Websites using One Pixel ID?
1. Go to “Custom conversions” in Event Manager.
2. Click “Create a custom conversion” button at the upper right.
A pop-out is shown.
3. Select “contains” and add URL in the field provided.
4. Add website name for “Name” field.
5. Select “Category” you want to track for the sites.
6. Click “Create”.
The created sites will be shown on the list.
Looking at more service on Social Media Management? Visit here: