Have you always wanted to start a blog but yet did not know where to start? Well, you’ve come to the right place to get your problem solved!
Step 1: Choose your blog topic
This is the first step. And probably one of the most difficult steps. Ask yourself what your blog is about. Your blog name should be descriptive so that people will know instantly what it is about. If you are not sure what to blog about, you can:
- Pick a topic you are passionate about or
- Look for a topic that people are interested in recently
Some questions you may want to ask yourself while deciding a blog topic:
- Do I enjoy writing about this topic?
- Are other people interested in this topic too?
- Why did I choose to start a blog in the first place?
Hopefully, these will help you choose a good blog topic!
Step 2: Choose your blogging platform
Many people would make a mistake when choosing the right blogging platform. There are a few for you to choose from. However, it is recommended for you to use WordPress.org
- It is free
- It is the most popular blogging platform in the world
Step 3: Get a Domain name and web hosting
To build and launch your self-hosted blog today, you will need these two things:
- Domain name – Web address of your blog
- Web hosting – Place where all your website files are stored. It is like the “home” of your website on the Internet
Bluehost is highly recommended. Why?
- It is cheap, fast and reliable
- They offer free, simple installation of WordPress
- They host millions of websites and has been working with WordPress since 2005.
Step 4: It is time to design and customize your blog!
Choose and install a theme that you like to make your blog look less basic and mundane. (You can use the free themes provided by WordPress theme library)
A quick tip: When designing, try to go for simplicity. It helps when you have the clean design going side by side with good content!
Step 5: Install essential WordPress plugins
Plugins can help make your site perform effectively and efficiently. There are many plugins available for you to choose from.
- Click on PLUGINS on your WordPress left-hand menu
- Search and choose your desired plugin
- Click on the INSTALL button next to the plugin you want
- After it installs, the button will say ACTIVATE. Click on ACTIVATE to start using your new plugin.
Step 6: Start writing your first post!
Come up with good content ideas! Publish it once you are done.
Step 7: Promote your blog
Building your audience can be tough at the beginning. How then, do you grow traffic on your blog?
One way is to use social media to promote your blog.
Now, you’ve learnt how to start a blog! Wishing you all the best!
Still have difficulty? Find Us https://latitudeinnovation.com.my/quality-content-writing/